For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bowman Ingredients and Bowman Milling, Hitchin, Hertfordshire SG5 3UN (hereafter referred to as "Bowman Ingredients" or "We"). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of:
- registering to use our site
- signing up to receive our newsletter or services;
- posting material/comments
- requesting further services.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. This includes information that you provide when participating in our live chat service. Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collate aggregated information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site and contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
By using this website, you consent to accepting cookies from the site. These cookies are:
- A. Analytical/performance purposes - this allows us to recognise and calculate the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate around the website when they are using it. Therefore helping us improve the way our website functionality for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- B. Functionality purposes - to help us recognise you when you return to our website. This allows us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences and settings.
- C. Sharing purposes – this allows you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
All cookies expire after a period of 12 months. However, you can delete them before then by modifying your browser accordingly. You can find out how to do this and more information at www.allaboutcookies.org
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service and to respond to your enquiries.
- To inform you of news relating to our business which may be in the form of a newsletter.
We will use google analytics on the site in order to track general site usage and monitor where the traffic has come from.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees and officers of any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and our agents and contractors, where this is required in order for us to provide the services.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
7. Your rights
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Thank you for visiting our site.